Easy Ways To Shrink Your Prostate
From the age of 25, the prostate begins to enlarge. Benign hyperplasia (BHP) occurs when cells in the prostate reproduce, and is the most frequently occuring type of prostate enlargement. BHP doesn't result in prostate cancer, but it can be uncomfortable to deal with for men over the age of 50 who are most likely to be affected by it. Symptoms of BHP include an interrupted stream of urine, an urgency to urinate, a feeling of unfinished emptying and more frequent urination, especially at night. The good news is, it's possible to shrink an enlarged prostate, and these natural supplements and remedies can help:
- Pygeum Also known as the African plum extract, this supplement has anti-inflammatory properties which can soothe the urogenital tract. Researchers at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York recommend 100 mg split into two doses.
- Saw Palmetto This herb is a popular choice when it comes to prostate treatments. It has the ability to reduce symptoms, in particular night time urination.
- Green Tea Green tea has been labeled a 'superfood' for its many health benefits. It contains polyphenols and catechins that have bacteria and virus fighting properties, and prevents cells from overproducing. However, the caffeine in green tea may aggravate certain symptoms.
- Zinc The highest concentration of zinc in our organs is found in the prostate. Zinc is great at balancing male hormones that are responsible for the development of malignant and benign prostate cells.
- Lycopene This is a natural pigment found in red/orange fruits and vegetables which restricts the growth of BPH and treats symptoms. Lycopene can be consumed via these fruits and vegetables, or in the form of supplements.
- Exercise Kegel exercises strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, which can help relieve symptoms of BPH. Exercise also balances hormones impacting the prostate.