- Apples happen to be rich in polyphenols, which are plant compounds that help curb infections, inflammation, and even heart disease. Furthermore, polyphenols also fight cancer, some recent research has shown. Specifically, the Journal of Food and Drug Analysisfound in a 2018 study that the polyphenol called phloretin considerably slows the growth of breast cancer cells, but does not affect regular cells at all.
- We know that berries are chock-full of antioxidants and vitamins, but it turns out that blackberries contain a compound called anthocyanin that actually lowers biomarkers for colon cancer, which is pretty amazing.
- In a different study in mice involving blueberries, researchers found that the blueberries have an anti-inflammatory effect that prevented the growth of breast cancer. Berrytastic!
- Legumes are great for your health all around, and include things like peas, beans, and lentils. A meta-analysisof a combination of 14 studies showed that a high legume consumption over time diminished the risk of colon cancer.
- Further, in a separate study, legume consumption--specifically bean fiber--was found to lower the risk of breast cancer. Beans, like many plants, are very high in fiber naturally, which is always better than using a fiber supplement. So beans away, and fight cancer while you do!
- Fish that are high in nutrients likepotassium, omega-3 fatty acids, and Vitamin B include anchovies, salmon, and mackerel.
- People who eat a diet high in freshwater fish were astounding53 percent less at risk for colorectal cancer than others who did not consume these types of fish.
- In another studythat followed a whopping 68,109 participants who took fish oil supplements a minimum of four times weekly were a staggering 63 percent less at risk for developing colon cancer than those who didn’t.
- Yet another study found that senior men (67-96 years of age) who consumed fish oils reduced their risk of prostate cancer significantly.
- There is a wonderful substance in walnuts that is called pedunculagin, that, in the body, is broken down into urolithins. These urolithins bind to estrogenreceptors and lower the risk of breast cancer.
- The American Institute for Cancer Researchhas announced that all kinds of nuts have cancer-preventing properties!
- In a relevant and important study in mice, walnuts and walnut oil added to the diet proved to result in tumor-suppressing genes. The control group of mice was given vegetable oil, and they produced markedly lower amounts of the tumor-suppressing genes, proving that walnuts specifically inhibit cancer cells from growing.
These Foods Fight Cancer
Researchers have found that certain foods actually lower your risk of developing cancer if you add them to your diet and eat them on a regular basis. This is wonderful news for anybody who cares about their health long term, and delicious news too! So read on to find out these five simple changes to your diet that may save your life.
Give your customers a summary of your blog post